Monday, June 4, 2012

Pimento Cheese Devlied Eggs

OK I know this sounds weird, but you have to give it a shot. As I prepared to mix the cheese into the egg mixture, I was certain I was about to make a big mistake and the eggs would be a disaster. As a Southern girl, I felt like I was about to commit a crime attempting to change up this traditional side dish so drastically. Fortunately, after I had decided to continue with this strange recipe and mixed everything together, I tasted the concussion and was immediately overjoyed with the result (seriously, I was a little too excited about it).
This is where I originally found the recipe: Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Instead of making up the pimento cheese, I cheated and bought the kind at the grocery that's already made up. I buy it all the time anyway. For the egg mixture, I boiled a dozen eggs, took out the yolks, mashed them up, put in salt and pepper, put in about a cup of mayonnaise, then put in a couple dollops of the pimento cheese. This measurement will probably be to taste depending on how much of the cheesy taste you want in there.
I brought these to a get together with some friends and one of the girls ate like 6 of them. Haha she probably wouldn't appreciate me sharing that but I thought it was a good representation of how good they turned out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment